Dirt Bike Street Legal Conversion

Make your Dirt Bike Street Legal Dirt Legal.png
Make your Dirt Bike Street Legal Dirt Legal 1.png
Make your Dirt Bike Street Legal Dirt Legal 2.png
Make your Dirt Bike Street Legal Dirt Legal.png
Make your Dirt Bike Street Legal Dirt Legal 1.png
Make your Dirt Bike Street Legal Dirt Legal 2.png

Dirt Bike Street Legal Conversion

from 299.00

Street legal tag and registration lets you ride on any road, anywhere!

Proof Of Ownership:
Vehicle Year:
Engine CC's:
Add to Cart

All you want to do is make your dirt bike street legal.  All we want to do is help.  That’s why we’ve removed the frustrating guesswork and dead-ends that are way too common with this process.  In fact, we’ve removed the work for you entirely!  Here’s what you can expect out of your hassle-free Dirt Legal conversion experience:

  • Out-of-state tag and registration1 in 2–3 weeks, easily renewable online each year. Allow 3-7 weeks if your vehicle is financed.
  • New proof of ownership2, either a title or transferable registration in your name 3–6 weeks later. (If financing, the DMV will hold the title until it's paid off)
  • Dedicated agent support to guide you through the process and answer any questions about paperwork, state-to-state transfers, required bike parts, etc.
  • One-stop shop for any parts or accessories you need to make sure your ride is 100% road-ready

Why face hours of research, mounds of government paperwork, and ongoing headaches if you don’t have to?  With a few docs and details from you, we handle all the heavy lifting.  This is all you’ll need to do:

  1.   Proof of ownership:  Choose from Title, Manufacturer’s Certificate of Origin (MCO), Financing, or Bill of Sale above3. This is the documentation we need to show the bike is yours.

  2.   Checkout:   Click Add to Cart and complete the checkout process. You’ll receive an email confirmation with your receipt and order number.

  3.   Vehicle information:   Fill out the vehicle info form that appears after you check out. As long as you have the proof of ownership and a Vehicle Identification Number4 (VIN), we can legalize any dirt bike regardless of state.

  4.   Documents:   Keep an eye on your mailbox. We’ll send you a checklist for the materials we need to handle the conversion on your behalf, including your proof of ownership, copy of ID/social, notarized power of attorney5, and sales tax6 (if not already paid)

  5.   Send it in:   Mail everything to us using the pre-paid envelope we’ve provided to make it as easy as possible for you. Congrats, your part’s done! Now simply wait to receive your license plate in the mail! We will email you a tracking number once it's on the way.

Dirt Legal is the only team in town, any town, with the experience and know-how to get this done for you quickly and by the books.  Feel free to Contact Us with any questions before you get started.  Otherwise, it’s time to join over a thousand other happy customers now taking their off-road vehicles to the streets!


“Very easy process, excellent communication and only took a few weeks to have the plate in hand!  Definitely recommend Dirt Legal to get your bike street legal!”

– Cole Holley, June 2019


“I ended up getting frustrated with all the different ‘recommendations’ online.  I literally did nothing except fill out some paperwork Dirt Legal sent me.  The whole thing took less than three weeks by the time I had the plate in my hand.  I couldn’t be happier.”

– Brandon Cozier, March 2019

1Potential in-state exceptions exist, but this does not impact the street legal conversion process
2Certain states may not accept title transfer, in which case the out-of-state tag will remain and can be renewed yearly
3Title or MCO required for bikes 2005/newer and 300cc/over; Title also requires a Bill of Sale if it does not include 1) buyer and seller names, addresses, and signatures, and 2) sale date and price; MCO also a requires a Bill of Sale; Financing also requires a Bill of Sale if the DMV holds the Title; a Bill of Sale alone is acceptable for bikes 2004/older or under 300cc
4In rare circumstances, a brief VIN inspection may be required
5Dirt Legal’s POA form is solely limited to bike registration, license plate purchase, and title transfer
6Payable by check or money order; Dirt Legal will indicate the exact amount based on 4-6% of the vehicle purchase price or NADA average retail value, whichever is higher

Frequently Bought Together